Summit Goliath SD Climbing Tree Stand Review
Engineered to be the most concealed, safe, silent, comfortable, and durable hunting
treestands on the market, Summit Treestands have been a favorite of hunters for years. All Summit products undergo
rigorous testing and meet or exceed standards set by the Treestands Manufacturers Association.
As one of the top tree stand manufacturers on the market, they are well aware that hunters
come in a variety of sizes. As a result, they created the Summit Goliath SD Treestand, a full featured climber
intended for larger hunters.
The following review highlights all the Summit Goliath has to offer.
Click Here to view Customer
Currently, the Goliath can be purchased for slightly less than $400.
The Summit Goliath SD has plenty of features that set it apart from the competition, such
- It features a wider top and bigger platform than most tree stands to provide extra room
to move around in. In addition, it offers a larger and more secure seat that allows you to comfortably
sit for hours.
- It can be fit to any tree with a diameter of 8 to 20 inches.
- The Goliath can accommodate up to 350 pounds.
- Although the Goliath is larger than most of its peers on the market, it is
lightweight and easy to carry for long distances.
- It only weighs 21 pounds.
- It features sound deadening (SD) technology to lessen any noise in the tree
- Summit’s Dead Metal technology works to fill in any crucial parts of the platform with
custom engineered foam equipped with the ability to expand and minimize any movement on the
- Features a Mossy Oak Breakup infinity cover that easily blends into its
Includes Rapid Climb stirrups, a 4 point safety harness, and all the needed straps, hardware, pads, and
- Features Summit’s patented Quick Draw Cable® retention system, one of the quietest and
fasted cable attachment systems ever manufactured. In addition, they are double coated, steel climbing
cables that can be locked into place for added safety. All you have to do is insert the cable into the
Quick Draw bracket on the suspension arm, pull the trigger, and the cables automatically lock securely into
- The RapidClimb® Climbing stirrups can easily be adjusted to fit any boot.
- Includes Summit’s patented SummitLokt® precision welding. Summit only uses the
highest quality extruded aluminum to guarantee maximum strength and complete rigidity. Before they are
welded, every joint is locked into place to ensure the stand is free of noise, secure, and strong.
- Arrives preassembled in the United States.
- Includes written instructions for using the tree stand, as well as an instructional/
- The Goliath is covered by Summit’s five year limited warranty.
My Personal Thoughts
Simply put, the Summit Goliath SD is a very high quality product that makes up for its
price by being the most bought and best rated climber on the market.
There are several reasons I have declared it to be the Best Overall Climbing
Treestand. First, it can hold more weight than the average treestand, yet it is light enough to be easily
portable. Additionally, it is easy to climb, comfortable to sit in for extended periods of time, and leaves
you feeling really secure when you are you in a tree.
Whether you hunt with a bow or a gun, the Summit Goliath SD can be used by any type of hunter.